Wednesday, July 16, 2014

#6 Tex-Mex Mac-n-Cheddar

We did it! We survived. Four mac-n-cheeses are complete.

For this one we browned some beef with yellow pepper and switched up the noodles to spiral JUST FOR A CHANGE. I will say that Tinkyada Pasta has not disappointed. They are made in a strictly gluten free facility making them an excellent choice for those adhering to a gluten free diet, which I am. Some GF pastas turn to mush before they actually cook but Tinkyada can fool even the most critical skeptic into believing they are traditional wheat noodles. A win for the gluten free community!

 We are becoming pros at cheese sauces. I will forever and always be able to make a cheese sauce from this day forward.
 This was the BEST of the mac and cheese combos we made this week. It tastes just like cheeseburgers. Yum Yum and Yum! This one WILL be added to the yes for the future list.



I polled the kids and the results are in:
In fourth place with 3 points is Mac-n-Cheddar with Broccoli
In third place with 7 points is Mac-n-Smoked Gouda with cauliflower
In second place with 9 points is Chipolte Mac-n-Cheddar with Tomato and Chorizo
and in first place with a total of 11 points, the winner is Tex-Mex Mac-n-Cheddar!

I don't even mind that there are leftovers, it is that good I will eat it for lunch tomorrow making it the sixth mac meal for me in less than a week. ;)
-Mom

I am SO sick and tired of having mac-n-cheese 4 recipes in a row, you know, let's say one of your favorite foods is macaroni and you have it 4 recipes in a row, just slight variations and you feel like you mastered how to cut cheese small enough to get it to a melting point. You get so sick of it you feel like you don't want to have it ever again! This is how I feel (by the way I have mastered how to cut cheese to get it small enough for it to melt. And well I may have mac-n cheese another time just definitely not this week) that being said, I did like this one. It was my favorite mac-and cheese. -DD

P.S. The zucchini bread from earlier was de-lish!

No comments: