Sunday, July 27, 2014

#18 Turkey Saltimbocca Roll-Ups, Mushroom and White Bean Ragout, and Spinach with Pancetta and Onions

As I write I am awaiting hubby's arrival home. He has been traveling on business for awhile and I miss him. He posted a mountain man picture of himself today on Facebook and his beard has doubled if not tripled in length. Crazy that beard, I hope it is a passing phase. Yet tonight I will welcome him home straggly beard and all.

If you are looking at the numbers and are a bit confused, I intentionally switched 19 and 18 as it fit better with our schedule. I am all about sanity. I like myself so much more when I am sane.

So today we did a rewind and went back for recipe 18.
 Step one was to smash the turkey until it is 1/8 of an inch. We could not find turkey cutlets so we went with Jennie Os turkey breasts. They smashed down just fine, then we cut them in half.
 The kitchen was a buzz with activity, three pans cooking simultaneously. Yet DD could not resist the rain. She would stir the pan, run outside to jump around, then hurry back in to stir the pan again.
 #18 Turkey Saltimbocca Roll-Ups, Mushroom and White Bean Ragout, and Spinach with Pancetta and Onions
A nice welcome home dish! I am glad we switched.
It was our first time making gravy, success!
The Spinach with pancetta was a nice surprise, the light touch of nutmeg made it a pleasant side dish. The ragout, another first, was a bit spicy but overall not bad.

Hubbies home, peace out my peeps!
-Mom




I had play date this afternoon, they fed me a whole bunch of food so I was not that hungry. I really only had the meat.  Dad's home and now I am licking a gigantic jawbreaker he got me. That is all.
-DD

No comments: