Tuesday, July 22, 2014

#14 Fiery Hot Texas T-Bones with Smashed Potatoes

 So this one was a fun one! I had to go to the liquor store, I have purchased more alcohol in the last two weeks than I have in an entire year prior.  The liquor of the evening...bourbon.
 The meat was spiced and rubbed. Rub a dub dub...meat for our grub.
What do we have here? Why it is bourbon and matches. Whatever would one have need for matches and bourbon? Why dear Rachael instructed me to flame the pan. When I was reading through the recipe last night, I was a bit shocked by the fact. So I started researching, I read a hilarious telling of someone's great balls of fire. I found out what to do and what not to do. These are important things to know when combining by cooking skills, my house, and flames in the presence of my children.
For your viewing pleasure, we video taped the great flambe. Great balls of fire is right batman.

  Craziness! Fun with a splash of nervousness. I love that DD calls out, "Be careful Mom!"

The flavors, the fun, the fire... it was fantastic!
Mark this one as one that will be done again.
-Mom

My job was the smashed potatoes. I cut them up. I cooked them. I browned the bacon and onions. Then I got to smash them. They were so good! I called dibs on the rest for tomorrow's lunch. The steak was good too. On the subject of the fire let's just say I was on the other side of the room. ;)
-DD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesomeness!