Saturday, July 26, 2014

#19 Rosymary Corn Cakes with Prosciutto and Chicken Sausages

Switcheroo! Recipe 18 is a lunch wrap and 19 was one that could be breakfast, lunch or dinner. With two shows for the Little Mermaid today we thought a hardy brunch would be a good thing and we would not need to skip cooking today. Yeah for flexibility! 
 This recipe called for Jiffy corn bread mix. I swapped it out for live G free cornbread mix available at Aldi. I used the whole package and did not need to adjust the quantities of anything.

 This recipe also called for a cubanelle pepper, which is suppose to be a long light green sweet italian pepper. Meijer had a generic sign listing 5 pepper and the price. No pictures and no matching bins to signage, so I called over one of the produce stockers. He had no clue but per Rachael's info it seemed to match the long light green and was the only one there to do so. I picked one up. It was nineteen cents. I took my chances. We were wrong. It was a super hot sucker that burned my nostrils and the heat was felt in my lungs as it cooked. I took one bite to confirm what I already knew. It was not sweet, it was not a cubanelle. Scratch  the peppers. I never did find the hot red cherry peppers in a jar either. Oh well!
#19  Rosemary Corn Cakes with Prosciutto and Chicken Sausages
 With the exception of the peppers this meal was exceptional! Easy, tasty and fun addition to our breakfast rotations. The cakes were thick and filling. Superb with honey.
Another yes, yes and yes!

-Mom

Delicious! A very good pancake breakfast. I agree with my mom that the peppers were too spicy. But definitely a win in my book. Wish me luck on my performances. -DD

No comments: