Friday, June 02, 2006

A Bit About Me

What is your life verse?
My kids have life verses. DS Joshua 1:9 DD Psalm 3:5. I love many verses. Favorite chapter Psalm 91
Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart ands with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Give a bit of your testimony.
I spent the first 8 years of my life in church. Then my mom had a near death experince (clinically dead 6 minutes.) She was sick and in and out of hospitals. The church was not supportive. My dad was caring for his wife and 4 kids. Needless to say we left the church. When I was a sophmore in HS I felt God calling me back to the church. I attended Palm Sunday...completely ignorant of the significance of the day. I made some dumb choices those HS years...then some even dumber ones. I found myself in the pit. I accepted Christ as my Savior my Senior year and life has never been the same.

Do you have a favorite preacher?
I LOVE my pastor, Brad Mitchell! He has such a heart for Christ, he is easy to understand and very engaging. I am ever learning under his teaching.

What is the best bible study you have done?
Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself. I have done many good studies through the years. But this one was beyond excellant. God totally inspired these teachings. It had a huge impact on my daily yielding to the Spirit.

Who has been a mentor to you?
In the faith, most definately a dear friend Natalie. She showed me what it means to love the Word. I love her heart. She has moved away, yet is always near my heart. I think of her often.
Two others that have been key in my faith are Sherry and Jenny. Seeing them live out their faith encourages me...more than they could ever know.

What do you feel is God's calling on your life?
I am called to daily yield to Him. To live my life, in Christ, to be real and open. To love those around me. To be a giver. My spiritual gifts are discernment, wisdom, faith and intercession. He has recently called me back into young adult ministry as a christian night club. I believe there he is calling me to lead worship not from the stage but from the floor; being real in my own worship of the King. As well as minister to others with prayer and intentional words. I feel there are some areas he is growing me in, training me here in my home, that will open up into ministry for Him. Forever growing.

Thanks Diane

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sarah,
You are a blessing to the kingdom. I love you. (have a safe trip)

Wendy said...

It is always so neat to see how God works in someone's life. He is so good! Thanks for sharing.