Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ignorance

Been thinking lately...is ignorance really so bliss? Sometimes knowledge brings with it information that challenges our current lifestyle or beliefs. Sometimes it forces us to draw a line in the sand and make a choice. To obey or not to obey. To live like you have always lived or change your ways. Yes, sometimes not knowing is more convient; but is it bliss?

Hosea 4:6My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children

1 Timothy 1:13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.

Acts 17:30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Ephesians 4:18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.

1 Peter 1:14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.

Not wanting to live in ignorance; having to make some tough choices.

3 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

If there is something God wants us to learn, He will reveal it through His word, a Godly friend, a sermon, a Christian song, or through His Holy Spirit's whispers to us. We might try to ignore it, but He will make us hear. Whether we heed it or not is up to us, and we'll either be blessed by heeding, or bear the consequences of dwelling in ignorance.

Good, thoughtful post, S. :-)

Kellie said...

My question is still should we go in search of knowledge that will absolutly change our life?

Anonymous said...

Lenadianejennings...we are most certainly sisters-in-the spirit! I look forward to reading each comment that you leave and am thankful that you speak Truth. :) I will have to check out your blog. A blessing to all,I'm sure!