Friday, June 09, 2006

Miss Sue

I started to respond to this in a comment and it grew into a post.
Who is Miss Sue?

Miss Sue is a dear friend. When her husband was relocated to Michigan she left her family in the south. We met her through my parents, my dad worked with her husband. They were in Michigan for 3 years, in that time she adopted my family as her own. She was included in birthdays, camping trips and would often take the kids while I had bible study. She is a dear friend indeed. When she moved back south at the beginning of the year, we knew we wanted to keep in touch. When she offered for us to come down, we jumped at it. She is teaching me all things south including how to cook. We absolutely love her and Mr. Phil.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story. i haven't heard from you lately....

Mindy Richmond said...

So did she teach you how to make real sweet tea?

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Thanks to Miss Sue for her hospitality, too. I did enjoy our visit in her shady backyard. It was nice, and I think we have a lot in common from growing up in the South. Tennessee is just next door to Arkansas, you know. ;-)

momteacherfriend said...

No sweet tea..
She had made some for when I arrived, in true southern hospitality. But she doesn't like it very sweet so it is not a true "sweet tea". I have learned to make a mean homeade lemonade. YUM YUM!! More my style.

Mindy Richmond said...

Ooh, I'm a big fan of lemonade as well. You'll have to let me know the next time you make a batch.