Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Coming Home

After saying good bye to Miss Sue and family we were on our way. We had 7 hours of driving on Monday, broke up with bathroom breaks and lunch at McDonald's. I was SO PROUD of DS at Mc D's, after they finished their lunch they had permission to go play. It was one of the tallest playscapes I have seen. DS scooted right up, DD had a little trouble going from platform to platform. She was almost tall enough, almost but not quite. DS helped her up then stayed with her the rest of the time while they played. He encouraged her on the wobbly parts and congradulated her when she made it. Her second trip up she figured out a way to use the rope sides to do it by herself. Still he played with her, laughing and having a great time together. It was a sweet picture to me, I actually got teary eyed watching them. Before dinner we arrived at our destination for the night. A nice state park, I got a site for only $8! woohoo! There was a restuarant at the park so we ate dinner there looking out over the lake. We purchased our firewood and went back to our site to make a fire. What is camping without a fire? I tried and tried and tried to get that fire going. We had collected plenty of kindling and built just so; it would not start. In dispair I went to a neighboring campsite and asked for help. A dear lady in her 70's came over to help me. After many douses with gas it took hold and we had a nice fire to sit around and talk and sing. After dark a raccoon came to visit and DS decided he would rather be in the tent, he fell asleep immediately. DD stayed with me at the fire a little longer and fell asleep in my arms...so sweet.
Tuesday we got up, showered, tore down our camp and was on the road a little after 9. The drive home was uneventful. A few squabbles. Listening to music and Stuart Little (books on CD) After lunch we went to Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, entry was free thanks to our membership with our local zoo. So it was a welcomed break from riding in a car. It was a very nice zoo. I give it a 8 in compaison to Memphis. Not nearly as large but alot to see with well arranged exhibits and landscaping. In fact some of the exhibits were worthy of a 10 rating..really they were. Like the rain forest and the australian walk through. You actually walk though an open enclosure of kangaroo. The kids got SOAKED in one of the three fountains that our are designed for playing in. Thankfully we had a weeks worth of clothes in the car...so not an issue. After changing their clothes we were back on the road. I had explicit instruction to not come home before 6:30. DH wanted to be home from work when we arrived. At 6:35..perfectly timed, we pulled in the driveway and were greeted by my hubby waiting on the porch. He took the camara from me and ushered us in.
Now I had mentioned that he finished DS's room while we were away. And I had mentioned I love my hubby. Well if I loved my hubby for that I am madly in love with him for what he really did. He took me into the kitchen and it is so beautiful! He completely remodeled it while we were away. Adding cupboards and counter top, moving the fridge, repainting and decorating it as well. This was a complete suprise to me! He had taken the week off of work and been a very busy man! With the help of our friends he finished the kitchen, DS room and many other much needed repairs around the house. I am thrilled! After going through the reciepts and his log of costs, that he titled "big trouble", it was all very worth it.

So do you want to see it??

Hmmm.... I attempted 3 times to add pictures. I will try again in a bit!
After MANY attempts I finally got one pic to load... this is only half of it...hopefully the other half will load in the morning.
Alright...blogger pictures is NOT co-operating. Those wanting to see more pics from the kitchen and DS's room, email me and I will send them in an email. iammomteacherfriend@yahoo.com




10 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

YES, we want to see it, when Demon Blogger will cooperate and let you post the pictures!! You'd best show DH what Miss Sue taught you how to cook, and anything else you can think of to show him your appreciation, LOL. ;-)

So glad you arrived home safely, and can't wait to see the pictures. Did he take before and after pics for comparison?

Anonymous said...

What a sweet man! I'm glad you had such a good trip with the kids, and am so glad that you have such a great husband! What a blessing to come home to!
:)

Mindy Richmond said...

WOW. I don't want to see pictures though. I'm coming over to see it for myself!

Anonymous said...

I bit my tongue. glad yall had a safe trip, and you had your wonderful surprise. Sue b

Bek said...

wow, sounds like you've been up to a lot lately......

knittindaisy said...

I wanna see!!
I'm glad you had a great trip and a wonderful surprise when you got home.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm jealous, you know. My little kitchen isn't even a quarter the size of yours. And mine has ORANGE countertops.....ORANGE, I tell you. I despise orange, and I've had to live with it for over 20 years now. It looks good, and I like the woodwork, too. Hubby did an EXCELLENT job, and I'll bet DS's room looks just as good. Enjoy, S. :-)

Kellie said...

It was so hard not to say anything. I am so bad at secrets. I love you and hope the kitchen is functioning for you. We should get together and cook. I actually may need your help with that. I am making the food for the reception after the funeral. Love ya,
Kellie

Wendy said...

Looks great, how nice!

Overwhelmed! said...

Yes, I'd like to see more pictures as well. Blogger is really frustrating me with the problems I'm having trying to attach pictures. Why is it so difficult and inconsistent?!

Glad to hear that you and the kids have arrived home safe and sound.