Monday, March 06, 2006

What Did This Weekend Mean To Me?

Well....some of you weren't there so I will tell you. And those of you that were there, I had much to say that wasn't said so read on.

My name is ....... and I sat at the table Kjaerlighet. (Love in Norweign) pronouced char-lee-het.

This weekend was awesome in many ways. I sat at a table with some incredible, beautiful ladies. Together we listened to talks on the Christian Faith, we sang, we laughed and we prayed. We opened our hearts. Our joys, our hurts and hang-ups. We broke down walls and let go of things that have been holding us back from a fuller relationship with Christ.

For me this weekend meant living by the spirit and following his leading. He called me for a very specific purpose for THIS weekend. There were things I needed to say, things I needed to do and looks I needed to give. Prayers prayed, hugs offered. Even dances to be danced (though my calfs are crying out to me today AHHHH) When the spirit leads we have a choice. We can obey and do what it is that he is calling us to do OR we can look away and say no Lord...not gonna do it. How blessed I have been in obedience. Sometimes we never know to whom or for what reason God calls us to do something. Yet everything that is done in his name...bears fruit! I was blessed many times over the weekend with a "thanks...that was for me" and it is nice having that affrimation. That yes it was what you were suppose to do or say. i may never know (this side of heaven) how God used me. But I know He did. It was Him working through me...for His Glory.

Laugh with those that rejoice. Weep with those that mourn.

This weekend also meant remembering. Rembering where I have been, how far I have come. You see I took my flight 11 years ago. I was a Senior in high school. I was broken, empty, alone and ashamed. That weekend 11 years ago...was my setting free. I remembered the things I nailed to the cross. The talks with Spiritual leaders. The snot that poured from my nose as I cried and cried. I remembered thinking...this is good...I need to get this junk out. I remembered the kindness of my table leader. The fellowship with those girls... the acceptance. I remembered my candle light. How my mom had come from over an hour away. This was signficant in that when I left for the weekend she was in the hospital. She had been released and she had come...just for me! God used that to show me the expectations I placed on myself and the burdens I carried from my mom being sick. I let it go. I remember at the time I was afraid she would not live to see me graduate. Let alone see me marry and have my babies. She is still alive..and well. She plays such an important role in my life and the life on my kids. Needless to say I am thankful. I also remembered the closing. The words I said. How I had followed up on those words of what I said my next steps would be. I said I was going to go home and sponser someone for the flight. I was going to take what I learned and apply. To live my life for Christ. And that is what I did. I have been challenged. Sometimes I fell short. But this faith journey over the last 11 years has been incredible. How great is our God! He has taken me from a person that didn't even love herself to one that is able to love all. He has healed me, forgiven and set me free. And so I remember and live for him.

One other thing I learned was that I am not just a mom. I left my kids at home for those three days with their daddy. It was a time to be me. Not a mom or a wife but me. That was a good thing. Sometimes I forget.

Upon returning home I have a deeper admiration for my hubby. You see while I was enjoying life, he was stuck in our home. The kids both had the flu. high fevers and other unplesantries. Whining, crying and crankiness. He prayed for our kids, he met their needs. My kids learned that their daddy could take care of them. Today they are still emotional (but hey so am I) and needy. Welcome back to the world.

There you have it. That's what I have learned.

Those of you that were on the weekend. You have your own stories. Some of you shared. Others for whatever reason did not. Feel free to comment here! Remain anonymous if you like. Come up with a code name or "whatever" but please refrain from using your last name...for your safety.

I love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that weekend well. It was a difficult time for both of us and yet I knew that I needed to be there for you.When I saw the spiritual glow that surrounded you then , I also knew that God had worked a miracle in both of our lives. You started on a new journey, walking by faith and I had been spared so that I could watch and share in the many wondrous things God had planned for both of us. I don't know what your talk was this past weekend but I am sure that God did use you to touch the lives of those that were there-just as he uses you daily as a example of living a Christian life. I felt a peace this weekend that has eluded me for awhile. As your mother and a grandmother-I worry. Okay-I tend to worry alot! But even though there were a multitude of things that happened to your family and to our friends-I didn't worry but felt at peace that all would be okay. I gave it all to Jesus, And as a result, felt His Peace as I nestled in His Arms. Praise God!
I am glad you shared this in your blog and yes-I did cry! Love your Mom

Anonymous said...

it was a great weekend. i sat at the table of "Las Princesas de Dios".
emily

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

Yeah life definatly can be a struggle after a weekend like that. I remember laying in bed last night wishing it was totally loud. LOL I miss the girls but I know that God is there. Thanks for serving with me. I know God put me with you for a purpose un beknown to me before saterday. I'll talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note! I owe a lot to God and what he did through you. I'm not sure where I'd be today if you hadn't gone on your weekend and then invited me on mine. I was certainly lost and feeling terribly alone at that time in my life. But through God's work in our friendship and Chrysalis, he definitely began to awaken some things in me, though I certainly had no idea at the time how far I would have yet to go.

I am very thankful for you and your hubby and how much you guys have meant to my life.