Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sharks




While Jaws places fear about this fascinating creature, my son and I have begun to respect them. Last night before bed we read a book about sharks. We have read it many times. Then this morning there was an article on Snopes about the picture above. At first glance it looks like yet another fabricated shark photo. This one is real! Read the Snopes report here. For those intersted in learning more about Great White sharks click this article here from the Africa Geographic(Sept 2005)r. This picture is from that magazine and the research they are doing.

We fear the unknown...so don't be ignorant...learn about that which you are afraid.


Photograph by Thomas P. Peschak

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool stuff. I had seen the one of the surfer and assumed it was real. Much more fun to surf with a dolphin. (I had not seen the helicopter one but Had I seen it I Don't think I would have swallowed that for truth . . . )