Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Meditations

Psalm 104:34 May my meditations be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord.

What is it that we meditate? What is meditation? It is that which we mull over in our minds. That which we think about and allow to consume our minds. Are you thinking on his Word? Or the worries of this day?

Matthew 6 has some stuff to say about worry. It tells us not to worry about our life, God will take care of our needs. Don't worry about tomorrow.

So what to do? Keys to success?

Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Be in the Word and let his Word dwell with you all day. Let it replace your worry. In doing so you will prosper and have success. Sounds like a good plan to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great post, and a great comment on my site. It does help to be in the word, to tell you I have been in the word but I was still scared to death!!