Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Refreshing

The above word would describe my time with a dear lady this afternoon. I say dear lady but she is quickly becoming a dear friend. A few days ago God laid it on my heart to share my testimony with her, so I called and we set the date for today. I came to her home, we prayed and I shared. After I shared we talked for a bit about life, her experience and how God uses things for his glory. For example just a week ago she was in the hospital extremely ill. She has brain cancer and damage to her liver. Doctors didn't know she would make it as her white blood count was ZERO. Her prayer warriors rallied around her and prayed. Overnight....let me repeat that overnight her numbers jumped to 2.5 and she was released from the hospital. Praise God. She went to visit a friend in hospice and while she waited to visit her friend God used her to misister to a family in the hospitality room. And minister she did. She was able pray with the family and their terminally ill adult daughter. I love it.
As we talked her son came home, she went to introduce us and it was an instant reunion. Her sons had been my buds ten years before. I had actually been in her home before and not realized it until that moment. God is cool. Then she recalled the circumstances under which I had been there. I had attended an Aquire the Fire conference with some kids from youth group. After we got back we decided we were going to get rid of junk in our lives that had no place in our homes. Such as ungodly music, books and the such...mostly music. We gathered all our "junk" together than met back at the church to destroy it. Destroy it we did. Placing it on a blue trap as to not destroy church property in the process, we stomped and smashed and if I recall correctly burned some as well. As it turns out she was there that night, supervising. I was there participating. After the destruction of the "junk" we then went to her home to talk and hang out. That was over 10 years ago.
So cool.

1 comment:

heather j said...

What a fun coincidence to discover. I had sooo much fun in my high school and college youth groups!!