Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Memorizing The Word

Memorizing the Word is important to me. Sometimes I am faithful in setting aside a scripture and really commiting it to heart. Other times it happens by accident where one sticks out and I meditate on it enough that it takes root and I know it. And still other times there is no verse that I am working on. So my desire is to be more dilegent and diliberate in my memorizing. To do so I need more accountability. The plan is simple. I set aside at least one if not more scriptures to be memorized. I will post it. Then I will follow through with working on it that week. Feel free to ask me how it is going, which verse I am working on or review past scriptures when you see me. This will help me grow. Soon you should find a Scripture Review on the sidebar. Please feel free to do this with me.

Phillipians 4: 6-7
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving make known your request to God. 7And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Chist Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'm trying to do better. I've done better on prayer, Bible Study but my memorizing hasn't gotten better yet.

learner said...

Thats a good verse. Just this morning as I am sitting out in the hallway waiting for my turn to do my physical assessment evaluation I realized I wasnt panicked I was really at peace. I Started to harm the chorus of a sara groves song the chorus says something like this...I felt his peace that passes understanding grace that in never ending joy that overwhelms my sould ....any then they came and called my name and the instructor asked are you nervous are you ready and very camly and peace filled I proclaimed yes I am lets go. I was a pro and passed with flying colors.!!!!