Thursday, March 09, 2006

Love Tank

My mother came over today. She brought with her some projects to do with the kids. A finger puppet stage for DS to color complete with small finger puppets. A memory game. Some worksheets. I headed out the door as they begun their work. I was were I needed to be, I heard what I needed to hear. When I returned I knew that my mother had given my kids and I a great gift; her time. My son and daughter were beaming. Not just sure I will humor you smiles. Ear to ear grins. I was treated to a puppet show given by DS. I was schooled at a game of memory by a 4 year old. His laughter filled the room. In giving her time this morning she filled some love tanks. Three of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to get a day off...

Anonymous said...

Aren't Gramma's great?!
I cherish my memories of my Gramma and I playing cards, paper dolls. She cut my pop tarts into trains around the edge of the plate. She made me the same lunch everday I was with her--because that's what I wanted.
I wonder what my children will remember about their time with their grandparents. . .

momteacherfriend said...

I remember sitting on the paino bench with my grandmother as she played "Daisy." I still think of her when I hear that song.