Thursday, November 03, 2005

Without Love

In my BethMoore study we are learning about Love right now. Most of us know the Love chapter 1 Corinthians 13. I have it engraved on my wedding band...I have heard it before. But this morning I was thinking about the first part of it. Without love I am nothing! How can this be? So I personalized it...if I wash the dishes and clean the floor but have not love, it is nothing. If I take the kids here and there and provide for them great experiences but have not love, it is nothing. If I......(fill in blank) it is nothing...I am nothing...I gain nothing. That is powerful and profound. It's also sad. How many times do I do things with the wrong motive? Thinking it makes me look good, feel good...that it is profitable. But scriputure says without love...it's nothing. Today I prayed that everything I do and say would be with love. Afterall, I am not one to do something ...for nothing!

No comments: