Saturday, November 05, 2005

Judas

This morning's study brought me to John 17. The chapter is Jesus praying to the Father in the garden just before his betrayal and death. There were many verses that stuck out to me but vs12b hit a nerve. Jesus poured out his life to the twelve disciples. He LIVED his life with these men. He fully loved them KNOWING he would be betrayed by "the one doomed for destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled." How did he do that? There are people in my life that reject Christ and I wonder if they will ever accept him. Sometimes I write them off as those who will NEVER accept him...so I give up. But here I am reminded that Jesus loved, taught and lived life with a man he knew would betray him. My study continued on to teach me some valuable things.
John 13:34-35- Love one another as I (Christ) have loved you.
1 John 3:20 For God is greater than my heart.
1 John 3:24 And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Romans 5:5 God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 22:36-40 (Greatest commands) Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
1 Corithians 13:8 Love never fails.
Summary: Love all people as Chirst loved me. Even if I don't feel like it. He gave me His Spirit and I am able to love through the Spirit. A supernatural love I alone am incapable of yet he commands. If I love...agape love...it will not fail. Even if they reject it...he got it.
Kudos to Beth Moore for writing an excellent study. Praises to the Most High that I received it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you always amaze me with your insight! Most days I don't "feel" very spiritual, and yet I know I am inside. I pray daily throughout the day. I speak to God openly and usually candidly with all my thoughts I don't share with others, and yet I don't feel led to scripture most days. Why is that do you think?

When I stop to really think about how I want to be, how I want to grow, I really WANT to WANT scripture daily, and yet every day, despite my prayers and my thoughts, I never feel led to scripture! I stop and think I wish I were like my friend Sarah (and others too I won't say) but those that are in scripture often.

I love you girl, I sure do miss you!

momteacherfriend said...

Profound! A few comments. I desire for you to hunger for the Word. I suggest praying for that hunger. Asking for it. Try making it a discipline wether or not you "feel" like it. That's were I am at these days. I have been trying to get up daily and spend time in the Word and in prayer. I find right know it is easier for me to read then to pray but I am trying to do both.
I am honored by your kind words...yet I know that I may fail you. Don't forget to keep your eyes on Him. I love ya girl...miss you too.