Thursday, November 17, 2005

Snow Cometh

The weather has turned cold. Not the I think you should put a coat on kinda cold but the I can't fell my fingers...it's COLD! Last night we had our first snow fall of the season. The wind was blowing hard; sheets of ice covered the road. When we woke up this morning we had a thin layer of white stuff covering the backyard. The kids were so excited. We dragged out snowsuits, mittens and hats. I came to terms with myself that yes...it's time. The craziness in all of this is that LAST WEEK it was 70 degrees. Don't get me wrong I love snow. I love how it covers everything making it white and pure. I love that you can see your breath and am reminded that I have breath. I love making footprints and snow angels. Snowman and snowball fights. It's hard for me when I dont have time to adjust. You know the countdown. 70 degrees then 60, 55, 50, 45, 40, 35...32 and snow. Maybe thats my personality. I can accept change, I often enjoy change. But please give me warning. Please!

Today the kids and I went to my good friends house for the day. We spent some time gaming. I am rather competetive (understatement...yes I know!) I have missed playing games with her it's been to long. Today we played Quiddler and Phase Ten. I could give you blow by blow action but I won't. I won Quiddler she won Phase Ten. They were good games..great fun. The kids played in the snow and got along quite well. It was a good day.

If your looking for some nonsense fun...try this game. Slightly addictive but remember I AM competetive. My families high scores are DH-316 Me-315.2 DS 311.3
Left click to get the penguin to slide and left click again to hit.
Have fun!

9 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

High score: 312.6

I love winter.

Kari said...

High score 320.5. It was my fifth try. The first three i swung and missed. I don't think I'll be able to do it again, I'll keep trying.

momteacherfriend said...

wow Kari..that rocks!

Anonymous said...

I got 319.8!!!!! Weeeeee.

heather j said...

I got 322.9 (and I won't tell you how many times I actually had to try to get that score and how many times I missed that stupid little penguin). I generally leave the video game stuff to my husband:)

Anonymous said...

322.9

Anonymous said...

320.5....so far! Too addicting!

Anonymous said...

323.5 Dave

momteacherfriend said...

WOOHOO! After MANY attempts this is my new high.....323.4
DS's new high is 319.1