Friday, November 04, 2005

My Favorite Sounds

Last night, DS and I went on a date to the movie theater to see Madagascar. It was the Dove feature film so my ticket cost $2.50 and DS was FREE! Totally in my budget. We arrived just in time to see the movie trailer for Ice Age 2. He laughed so hard he had the people around us cracking up. Which leads me to my favorite sounds. Laughter especially my kids laughter. Its addictive, the littlest giggle brings me joy. The all out belly buster and I can't help but laugh too. I asked DS what his favorite part of the movie was he said "laughing"....mine too.

Other favorite sounds: God's people singing His praise, A child's prayer, ocean waves, waterfalls, birds chirping (not a crow though), the ice cream truck (when I have money and it's NOT naptime), a cat's purr, a good rainstorm...
Why do I love these things? They remind me of my God. All except the ice cream truck. They speak of creation, of His power, of His love and of his joy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to hear your own children's laughter. It's ever more awesome to hear your grandchildrens' laughter. God certainly created miracles when he created children.

Unknown said...

Sarah!
I just came across your blog. Amazing to think that you're now a Mom. Wasn't so long ago you were one of the kids in Mike and I's campus life club.