Friday, November 11, 2005

Reflecting

Today I went to Ronnie's funeral and have been reflecting life and death. The service was beautifully done with appropriate scripture to ponder. And hymns; I love hymns. I love seeing the notes to sing and the words full of meaning as they come together. One thing that really touched me was her bible. The pastor held it up, worn and used, highlighted and marked, pages falling out. It was a beautiful testimony of her love for God and time spent in His Word.

Another thing I have been thinking about is personal wishes. Does your spouse, parents or close friends know your wishes? You know the answers to tough questions. Life support? Heroic life-saving measures? Creamation...what to do with your ashes? Burial...where? What verses to be shared? What songs to sing? I don't mean to bring anyone down...but have you ever thought about it. I had a good conversation with my parents the other night about some of this stuff. One I am glad we had, still some things that I need to know. But knowing will bring me peace in that time of making difficult choices. I won't have to wonder are we making the right choices, is this what they would have wanted? For the record I do not want to be left going on life support, if it will help me through something...then yes..help me through it. Burial not sure where. Not sure on most of it but I am thinking it through. I know one thing; I want to be remembered as one who loved the Word...like Ronnie. Which means I need to LIVE in the Word each and everyday!

No comments: