Friday, November 04, 2005

Beautiful Day

70degrees in November?? The kids and I took sandwiches to the park for a picnic. We ran round, chased each other, climbed and slide down the slides(they have one that is crazy bumpy...nearly threw me off.) We walked over to the river and watched a Black Lab retreiving her dummy. I was amazed at how well this dog followed her owners commands. She did not go until told, if she couldn't find the dummy her owner would call out front or back and the dog would obey. DS said he wants "a dog that obeys it's owner like that." The more I thought about it, I want a dog like that too. But not until we can train it properly...which could be awhile.
I am so glad we got to enjoy this warm day...outside.
By the way, DD is as much of a climber as older bro, she was up the ladders and all over the playground. She summed it.."My turn, Mommy." Yes little girl it is your turn, go ahead and climb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah. Enjoyed your blog. There is a big black lab named Duncan lying at my feet. We've had him for a month. Not so good at fetch yet, but we're getting there. Actually, he gets called "Blockhead" an awful lot when we're playing. Not sure if that's the best training technique...