Friday, November 18, 2005

Silverbells


Tonight we went to our traditional Silverbells in the city. We gather at the same place each year to watch the parade with friends. Little ones near the front so they can see everything go by. Each float and band is decked out in lights. It is a beautiful sight. Following the parade we walk over a block to get our view of the lighting of the christmas tree. At the end of the countdown the lights go on and fireworks go off. The view of the fireworks surrounding the dome of the capital is spectacular. After the finale we walk back to our cars, glad we made the trip out in the freezing weather. This year we planned well. The kids wore snow suits, mittons and hats. I wore multiple layers. We were warm. Or so I thought. When we got back to the car we realized DDs hands were like ice. She had wore her mittens the whole time but apparently there is not enough insulation in them. Poor sweety.
Our annual trip is never complete without a trip to Jon's Country Burger. Where you order your meal on the phone and the waitress brings it out. Good food to share with good friends. This year I was pleasently suprised to find old friends of the family there. We chatted a bit and got caught up on life. That was nice.


Silverbells, Silverbells..it's christmas time in the city.

2 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Wish I could have been there :( I love that parade. I have been to other parades but none interest me like that one does. After dark with all those lights, and clean chill in the air. The cement truck was always my favorite. I heard rumor that it wouldn't be returning - is that true? Was the cement truck there this year?

momteacherfriend said...

The cement truck was always my favorite! Unfortunately it was NOT there this year. My favorite band was Eaton Rapids their sound and marching style was excellent! Everett just isn't the same without Mr. Hicks although they have improved since last year. I would have to say the double decker CATA bus was my fav for the year. Decked out in lights with blinking eyes that winked...it was the wink that did it for me.