Monday, November 28, 2005

Long Weekend




I know, I know, I didn't post for 5 days. So bear with me; much to recall.

I am thankful! I have much to be thankful for. I will list the shortened version as not to lose you. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ from whom all blessings flow. My family and their good health. My husband's job and the provision God has given us. Being a stay at home mom, raising my kids, freedom to homeschool. My church, Godly men and women that surround us and give us Godly wisdom and encouragement. Service men and women who protect our country. For the new thing that God continues to do in me. Glory to God.

Thanksgiving we went to my father-in -laws, grandpa eagle. The kids call him this due to his large and impressive collection of eagle memoriablia. We had lots of very tasty food and ate to our full. We enjoyed good food, good conversation, Euchre, football and ad searching for bargain deals.


Black Friday I awoke EARLY!!! 4am my parents picked me up to go to Wal-Mart. Thankfully it was a Superstore and we did not have to wait outside in the 12 degree weather. My parents did wait in line to get the laptop deal which my mom got the last one! lol Don't worry I didn't spoil anyone's gifts. So if your reading this getting excited. NO it's not for you! My dad is already enjoying it. I got a few deals but their a surprise. After Wallyworld we went to breakfast at Bob Evans we were done shopping but I didn't want to go home yet. No kids...breakfast. YES! While at breakfast I got wind of a great deal on computers. Two hours later we had the new computer. Faster! WooHoo! Your welcome DH!
Saturday, we spent, I spent mostly on the computer. Some of it getting the new system how we needed it. Some of it playing sudoku alright most of it. I made it to the top 1% for the easy level with a time of 3 minutes 4 seconds. Proud accomplishment. This was with no errors or help. We set up the Christmas tree. I had forgotten all of the ornanments we have. How some tell stories. Such as the peice of wood that reminds me of a Christmas Eve we spent sanding blocks for a friends son. Or DSs first pair of walking shoes that remind me how much he has grown. Some of Chrysalis. DHs buckwheat that the neighbor gave him; always makes us smile. The kids enjoyed helping and in the end it looks pretty good. In the evening I put the kids to bed and went out with a girlfriend to a late dinner. I so enjoyed spending time with her.
Sunday, we went to church. Sermon was on Thankfulness quiotent. Our pastor recently went to Cambodia and Thailand. Most of the service was video and pictures from this trip. Incredible testimonies of missionaries, lives turned around for God and amazing pictures of their world.
Truly makes me thankful for what we have.
This weeks game of the week was found by Mindy Chicken and Eggs. DH has 204, ME 101 and DS has 28. Have fun!

No comments: