Friday, January 11, 2008

Speaking of Hawks

I just got an email that the Hawk-I-Tri is now open for registration.
Last year I participated in this triathlon and had a great experience. It is set-up with beginner's in mind. So I am looking for people who are interested in joining me this year. It does not matter if you have never done a triathlon. It does not matter if you can currently not swim more than a lap in the pool. Heck, it does not even matter if you can run for 10 seconds without getting out of breath. I know because last year when I began training I was terribly out of shape. With a few months of hard work and dedication I completed the triathlon within my goals. Really all you need is the desire to be healthy and guts to try something new. The good news is we have 5 months to prepare.
For those wondering what is involved check out the website for more information, http://www.hawk-i-tri.com/site/index.html

For those of you who read this and thought NO WAY, consider volunteering.
Hope to see you there on race day!

1 comment:

Sooze said...

Thanks for the info!! Kevin is interested in doing this. I just passed it on to him!