Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolution

I am normally not one to do a resolution. Set goals; yes. Have desires I work toward; yes. Resolutions? I normally just don't make them. This year however, I have made a resolution. I will get in shape and lose weight. I will look and feel great in 2008.
Getting on the scale tonight was an eye opener. I weigh more than I ever have. I know I weigh more than I did pregnant with my firstborn and I think I am only a couple pounds less than 9 months pregnant with my second. I am 20 pounds more than I was after completing my triathlon during the summer.
So here's the deal. Absolutely NO fast food during the month of January. I will be drinking water faithfully. I have struggled with water intake for what seems like forever. It has to be a priority for me. I have to conscientiously be thinking drink water or I just do not do it. If I drink 48 ounces I will be more than doubling my current intake. There are some days I only get 8 ounces. Of course I would like for it to be even higher, 64-80 oz is the recommendation.
Also, I will be training for my next triathlon. Which means hitting the gym. Faithfully and with fervor.
Tonights episode of Biggest Loser: Couples was a great motivator. I plan on watching the entire season. My girlfriend was over and watched with me. I decided I was going to be active during every commercial. Sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks and leg lifts. By the end we busted out the exercise ball and the step aerobics. By the end of the two hour show we added up about 30 minutes of exercise and movement. Yeah!
I know I am not alone in these goals. I know two of my friends and joining me in the no fast food and water challenge. Anyone else want to join us?

4 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

I'm in! The fast food part shouldn't be tough since I don't eat much of it anyway, but I definitely need to get back in the habit of drinking more water. My big problem is exercise, but if I want to reach my goal of losing 30 pounds I have to do it!

Anonymous said...

ugh i cannot drink enough water....and i am for sure too heavy now days....

learner said...

since tuesday with no Pop or fast food!!! still !!!!

Kellie said...

I just replaced my huge water bottle and I can't believe how little water I have been drinking. I can barely make it to half way. Does Subway count as fast food? Otherwise No eating out for me.