Saturday, January 26, 2008

Return of the Puke Machine.

Friday night we went to the YMCA with our friends. The pool had an accident hours earlier so it was just coming off of a major chemical shock when we arrived. We swam for over an hour and then came home. Not long after returning home little girl was curled up in my lap as I talked to her dad on the phone. When I hung up the phone little girl says to me "My tunny doesn't feel good." One look at her face and we rushed to the bathroom. We made it to the bathroom but not quite the toilet. After, she felt much better, making me believe it might have been the chemicals in the pool as she did drink some of the water. We went to bed with little girl in my bed and the puke bowl next to the bed. Good thing, as it was used many , many times throughout the night. No fever, no diarrhea. By 3am she was done puking. She continued to wake up every few hours asking for a drink of water.
When we woke up I was faced with a dilemma, what to do with little girl. In fact I probably dreamed about the predicament for most of the night. You see, I had plans. The kids were to go to my SIL's while I went with my friend to meet her biological family for the first time. I knew my friend was counting on me to go with her as support. I also knew I did not want to take a sick kid to my SILs as she has a kid and is expecting. So (enter hero music) my parents agreed to take her. She laid low at their house while I did go with my friend. Which was a cool experience.
Afterward, the boy decided to spend the night with his cousin. Which I quickly agreed to, the less exposure to possible virus, the better. This also meant I could focus on little girl for the rest of the day. We read books, watched Noggin without interruptions, painted piggly wigglies, played the Care Bear board game and invited Grandma and Grandpa over for dinner. I tried to get her to take a nap in the afternoon but that never really happened. She did end up getting a low grade fever. It never went above 100.3. I am thankful the puking has ended. Still not sure if it was a bug or the effects of major chemical shock from the pool. Just glad things seem to be on the up.

Oh, and in other news I lost another 2 pounds. Which makes me half-way to my goal. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page it shows you where I am at in my weight loss goal. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope DD is feeling better soon! She is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hope he is better now.

Way to go on getting to your goal weight!