Friday, April 14, 2006

Why I Love My Church

I am listening to a CD our church released this weekend. It is so beautiful. Songs of praise and sincere worship. Songs that usher me into the presence of the God. Renewing my mind as I sing them throughout the day, even when the CD is not playing. The thing that really amazes me is that 9 of the 11 songs were written by people in our congregation. This excites me. I love when talents are used to glorify God.
Other reasons I love my church:
A sensitivity to the Spirit
Desire to follow the Word
Equipping believers- Amazing teaching is available to any who desire to grow
Small groups- As a large church last I heard 80% of regular attenders were involved in a small group. Small community is so important for growth and accountabilty
Heart for Missions- Local and across the world
Heart for the youth- I feel kids have a voice. They are a priority!
Servant's heart- Nearly everyone contributes in some way to the function of the church.
Truth spoken- Sensitive issues are not avoided but handled with sensitivity
Amazing Staff!! I am thankful for a senior pastor who leads with integrity. I truly believe they work together with the co-operation of the Holy Spirit. As Pastor Brad said on Sunday "no worship wars here." That is refreshing.

I feel so blessed to be a part of this church!

Trinity Church-Lansing

Weekend ServicesFri. 7 PM / Sun. 8:30, 10, & 11:30 AM Easter Weekend Good Friday we recognize the death of our Lord for our sins. Easter Sunday is the completion of God's plan--Christ arises to break our chains! Join us as we experience freedom.

No comments: