Thursday, April 27, 2006

Day of the Hatch

Today is the day of the hatch for the falcons. My dad called a few minutes ago and said she had something in her mouth. I did get to see something and it was then in her talons. She may have been eating, although she normally does not eat in the nest box. It may have been a baby...hard to say yet. She is definately acting different. Today is the day predicted and her behavior suggests...something is happening. http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/falcons/default.htm

Update 10:20am:
I feel like a momma bird bursting with excitement.
Do you see that? Look at the egg then scan to the right. There under Victory is a baby. Two black eyes and a tiny beak. So exciting.

Update 4:09pm:
I have been mistaken. That is not a baby. At 4:00 Victory came of the eggs to reveal that four are still intact. No baby falcon. I did see in the eight minutes she was off the lower right egg move. SIGH. Soon...












Update: 4/28 Today one hatched here is the first good look I had at the baby. Another one she has been paying close attention to..so I would not be suprised if we get a look at another soon.

No comments: