Saturday, April 01, 2006

Scripture Memory Review

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness , and all these things will be given to you as well.

Roman 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Phillipians 4:6-7 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Joshua 1:8-98Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do nor be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. how often do you do your verses, how do you choose them, etc.

momteacherfriend said...

As I successfully memorize one I will move onto another. My plan is to do one a week. I pick them from different things I am learning at the time. They may have been in my bible study or from a Sunday sermon. Or just from opening up the book and one speaks to me.

I need to go back through studies because I know there are some I starred and highlighted as verses I want to memorize.

momteacherfriend said...

Most of this past year I used the verses my boy was learning in his sunday school class. After hearing the verse 10-20 times from the kids I found I was memorizing them right along with them.

My boy has learned so many verses this past year. Proving to me that 4 years old is NOT to young to memorize scripture. We are due for some review but he has retained a lot. His class has a new verse every week. The teaching video is great. Hand motions to go with the verses really do help.