Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pondering In the Middle of the Night

It is nearing 1am, I am NOT normally up at 1 am. I am much more a morning person than a night owl. Yet here I am the house is asleep and I am up. Odd I know. I've been thinking...I have some awesome friends. Tonight was the celebration wrap-up for the Beth Moore study Living Beyond Yourself. Those ladies are so dear to me. They can make me laugh, they have seen me cry. We experienced some incredible teaching and life change the last couple of months. One was so sweet she gave me roses. 21 peach roses in a white metal vase. Beautiful. I love that while we are a large church these ladies have made they effort to do life together. To be real and to grow. I love each of you.
Then there is a marking of a new chapter. The John study I mentioned yesterday (technically two days ago) has opened a door for new friendships. I have a sense as I read the blogs of the other women that I have known them all my life. Or that I could easily start a relationship with them. Have them over for dinner. Play at the park. Meet them at a coffee shop. Sure they live all over the United States (mostly Texas but also Arkansas and Oklahoma) but I can picture sitting down and sharing life with them. I love getting to know their unique personalities. Reading the stories they share. It shows me that while we are each unique, we are very much the same. We all love our husbands, our kids, the Lord. We want to do what's right.
I think that's why I am up so late tonight. After commenting on the study I went to get to know some of the ladies better. Reading blogs.

Be back to blogging tomorrow. Good night. I am off to bed. Me sleepy!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sarah you are so awesome. I love you and how you can take joy in the people around you. I am not always good at sending encouragement but I try. You are a vessel running over with blessing. Blessing to give others and I see how GOD has blessed you. Enjoy your day, enjoy your kids, (I know you may be tired), enjoy your husband (I know who he is and maybe that is trying he, he), enjoy your LORD. Let it shine. for some reason the HOLY SPIRIT told me Don't let Satan blow it out Let it shine.
As ebay says Whatever IT is. Let it shine.
Love ya.