Friday, April 28, 2006

Lessons From the Park

Sweet little girl is 2 1/2. She loves her mom and loves to be near me. For a couple of months she has been going through some seperation anxiety. It has greatly improved the last 2 weeks but it is still there. What does this have to do with the park?

First trip to the bathroom I needed to go to the car for a cup. I watched her as she trampled across the field. Totally focused on her goal. She paid no attention to me or the fact that I was headed in a different direction. I let her go. I continued to the car, watching her the whole time. She ran on, never looked back. God spoke to me: So it is when you go on your own way. I am watching over you. Making sure you are safe. Ready to run to you if you call for me.

On another trip to the bathroom with DS I left DD with my friend. Munching on her cheese she was fine until I was completely out of sight. Then she freaked. I could hear the screaming and crying before I could see her. I paused and waited for her to get to me, picked her up and comforted her. With me she calmed. God spoke to me: I am your comfort. Sometimes I stand by and wait for you to come to me. Then I sweep you up in my arms and hold you close.

On the playground there is a wobbly bridge. It goes down steep, shakes when you cross. Little girl and I were walking together when I began across the bridge. She froze. "Help me mommy" Gently I coaxed her, "you can do it sweet, take a step." DD- "take my hand mommy." I came to her and took her hand, she stepped out onto the bridge and walked the path. It wobbled she kept going. God spoke to me: So it is with you, when you come to something new don't be afraid. I am gently guiding you. When you are scared to take the first steps on your own, I will take your hand and lead you down the path. For I am with you.

Praise God! He watches over me. He is my comfort and holds me in His arms. He takes my hand and leads me down the path. I love my Daddy! Oh Abba Father!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

You were right. GOD is starting something in you. To be in communication with you even during a every day task. That is awesome.
Praise YOU LORD!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful task. your posts have improved spiritually (well you know what I mean, like Kellie said) since you took some time off. Congrats, God is moving in your life.

PS- I don't mean that rude. I hope you understood what I meant.