Sunday, April 09, 2006

Life Takes Time

After a battle with little girl my son looked at me and said "Life takes time, right mom." His manner was gentle, his face sincere. I replied "Yes it does. That was a wise thing to say. Where did you hear that from?" His reply, he pointed to the sky. "Did the Holy Spirit speak that to you?" A sweet smile and a nod.
Life does take time. There are things that I want to happen RIGHT NOW. I want to have everything in order. I want to get through this tough stuff of learning to have self-control. Balancing my day. I want my kids to be..well perfect...right now. Yet he who has begun a good work in each of us is faithful to complete it. In his time.

Philippians 1:6
6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: