Monday, February 27, 2006

Work In Progress

This post could go so many ways...lets see where it leads.

I am not by nature a good housekeeper. Quite the contrary I am a horrible housekeeper. If left to my flesh our house would be in a perpetual state of disorder and uncleanliness. Which it spends it's fair share of time in.

I want my house to be clean. I want order. I want things to stay in there place. I want things to have a place. I want to not struggle through this everyday of my life. My husband would like all that and more.

I think over the last two days I have come to a point that I realize without the help of the Holy Spirit I will always and forever be in this cycle. That this IS a weakness for me. I alone CAN NOT keep my house clean. It is only with the help of the Holy Spirit that I am going to have victory in this area.

Now, I can see improvement. Progress. Thankfully.

But I want more progress. I really would like Him to send forth angels and walla. Clean house, in perfect order. I am still praying for this.

He has sent me one angel, a dear friend. Who has committed to helping me through this process. But unfortunately he has called me to do the work. And hard work it is.

The house has not gotten to where it is at overnight. It's revival won't be overnight either. PLEASE LORD??? So I am embracing each step. Completing one project at a time. Yes it will take time. Is it worth it......ok yes it is. The excitement comes and goes so sometimes I have to convince myself.

One of these days I will look back and see it come full circle. In the meantime you are still welcome in my home. Just don't do any white glove test and we will get along just fine.

3 comments:

Friend said...

Dear Lord.....my weakness as well. Want to send your angel to Florida to help me when they are done helping you? Have you ever heard of flylady.com?? I think next week I may begin trying it again. I did it for a bit, and it helped, A LOT.

Anyway, I commend you on even praying for the holy spirit to help in this matter! Way to go! You can do it, I know you can! I look forward to hearing your progress! :))

Kari said...

One thing that helps me is when the thought pops up in my head "oh, I'll just do that later" or "that can wait til morning". I say "but, why?" In the morning, or later will have other stuff that needs to get done. Doing things at the moment takes much less time than letting it all pile up.
Oh, and make the trash your friend. The whole "when in doubt, throw it out" phrase works really well. Don't wait to sort through a pile, just throw stuff away as they need to be.
They key to a clean house, is to not let anything become overwhelming, which is a minute to minute task, but once it becomes habit, it gets much easier. :)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

One thing that my mom taught me was to never touch something twice. You will be so shocked how much your life will change if you live by this for just a week. It is a simple (not always easy) lesson to teach your kids too.