Friday, February 10, 2006

Our Date

Tonight was good! Our church had free childcare for the parents to go out on a date. So we dropped off the kids and went bowling with our best friends. I have never been a great bowler. NOPE NEVER! My high score in all my life I believe is 117. So my first ball I line myself all serious (keep in mind I had NOT bowled in at least 5 years) I release the ball and STRIKE! WOOHOO. I am feeling good, this is the first ball. Game one not too bad I ended up with a 103. I broke 100, very pleased! I ordered a hamburger, fries and a (virgin) strawberry daiqari. It was REALLY good...all of it. Game 2 I had many gutters. Many! And I was not discriminatory, I hit the gutter on the left and then the right, then the left, then some pins. I think my score was 54, not to sure though I was to embaressed to take careful note on that one. DH had not bowled in 2 years and started game 2 with a turkey. That's my guy! We had a fabulous time. Something about bowling makes you laugh. We wrapped up our dates with a trip to speedway, I know not romantic but the coffee house by the church was closed. I got a 20oz hot chocolate with a super dose of vanilla creamer. YUM!

It was funny because when we picked up the kids I could not help but notice all the smiles. Parents refreshed! Surrounded by "happy couples."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun! Thanks for sharing.

heather j said...

I love to bowl!!! I was actually thinking of going a couple of weekends ago, but then remembered I had a kid and bowling ally's are usually very smoky...not a good environment for a baby. So we stayed in and played cards and ate lots of good snack food...just as much fun:)

momteacherfriend said...

The bowling alley was suprisingly not smokey last night. We actually commented on how free from smoke smell it was. Then we got ready to leave and went through the leage area and it was definately smokey.

It was a lot of fun though.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you and hubby had a great time on your date! I love that your church values the time that couples need to be alone, and providing childcare is such a blessing! Good for you guys! I'm sure the kids had a blast too... Sounds like your boy can be a bowler, a daddy :) and a fence builder when he grows up!