Monday, February 13, 2006

So Many Thoughts

The fence is complete! The guys came back out of Thursday. Piece by piece it came together. DS was fascinated by the process. He job shadowed for a bit, while he was making the gate. The guys were great, they didn't mind DS. He watched and asked questions. When I checked on him the worked told me he was learning how to make gates and that he would be able to make our next fence. (Smile) DS told me when he came in. "He asked me what I was going to be when I grow up. I told him I am going to be a daddy!"

Friday night after DH and I went on our date, DS and him went on a date of their own. We had left the vehicle at the bowling alley and I dropped the boys off so they could bring it home. They went in so DS could watch some bowlers. He wanted to play so they ended up playing. The bumper's in place, DH and DS played game one. Then DS played two more. He was so excited when he came home. It sounds like he has a good idea of the game. It also sounds like in a year or so, my son will be able to beat me without the bumpers. (sigh) His scores for the night. 72, 87 and 84.

Saturday I had the last team meeting for the Chrysalis. We reviewed the remaining talks. Things are in place. I rode with Mindy on the way there and back. She waited patiently for me; her meeting was done before mine. On the way back we discussed some deep thoughts. I love it that we can talk about things that are deep. We discussed lies Satan tells us; some that are so engrained in our minds. If you hear something long enough, we can begin to believe it is so. For me it is my house. If you have known me at all, you know house cleaning is a major weakness. It is hard for me. The desire to clean is not natural. I have grown TREMENDOUSLY in the past couple years but I don't know that I will ever have the perfect "clean" home. Satan tries to discourage me from having anyone over. Fear of judgement perhaps. In the last few months I have come to realize that people are not as interested in how my house looks as much as they are about relationship. They care more about me and how I treat them. I have made a commitment to have the ladies over each month. While sometimes I spend hours cleaning to prepare, I think I have freed myself in that things don't have to be perfect. It is not me. Every Tuesday bible study is at our house. The reality is things will not always be as clean as I like. But I have gotten to the point that it matters more that they are here, in relationship.

Speaking of the ladies coming over, we got together on Saturday night with Hobbies in mind. We looked at pictures, made cards, talked, laughed, wrote down recipes (??) laughed tried to do album pages, talked, ate food and laughed some more.

Sunday, the sermon was titled "Where is your heart beat? Meeting the needs of the community around us. I love that my church is a church that makes a point of making a difference. Needs are everywhere, we need to be meeting them.

There is so much I am studying right now. Beth Jones Getting a Grip on Prosperous Living. Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself. The teaching of Sunday sermon's and the experience of Chrysalis. It is all very different at times and at others very much the same. This is the result of those teachings:
Know the motives of your heart, for out of it flows your actions. God wants us to yeild to Him so that he can work mightily through us. That our heart beat with His and His will. So that we may affect the community around us. Bringing glory to him! My life is a testimony of God's faithfulness and I can't keep that to myself. It must be shared.

So many thoughts! Understatement.

No comments: