Friday, February 10, 2006

A Moment In Court

Today I accompianied a friend to court. On the way we got rear ended by a 17 year old unliscenced driver. In the officers words "she will be getting a slew of tickets." All was well for me and my friend; we proceeded downtown for the hearing. I got to listen in on four cases total. Two of which had attorneys presenting the case; two did not. Interesting stuff that whole court scene; two parties, judge, testimonies and rulings. In my study of patience we touched on judgement. Good stuff!
Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgement on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way

There are many reasons why it wise and good for us to not pass judgement on others. One we don't know what people are going through, what makes them tick. We don't know their past nor their present or future. Sometimes I think "but by the grace of God, there be I!" I see people in all sorts of walks of life, making all sorts of choices; some good, others well...not so good. I am learning that it is not for me to place judgement. That it is in my best interest NOT to place judgement. Romans 2:1-4

I rather liked the judge that was ruling today. He was no nonsense. Smirked when he saw fault in their testimony. I could not help thinking...he hears it all. This man listens to this all day, every working day! Some where indeed guilty, evidence to rule on. Others not enough evidence to uphold. The judge in his wisdom could see through false pretenses. Through blatent lies.
How much more my heavenly Father, who knows me completely? He knows where I have been, what I have done, what I have thought, down to my motives. He doesn't need a long account of witnesses to stand before him and say...on such and such date at this time...Sarah was_____doing____. HE KNOWS! The only one who will stand and testify on my final day is Christ. And he will stand and say "Father she is mine, she's with me!" "I stand on her behalf." Innocent by the blood.

I hope you don't have to court to learn these things. But it is very interesting sitting in and observing. This I would recommend. A moment in court...things learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good One !!

heather j said...

I am so glad that you two are ok!! Still a bit skaken though, I bet. I have been rear ended and the only damage that was really done was the crazy adrenalin rush that I got.

By the way the end of your post gave me chills. "And he will stand and say "Father she is mine, she's with me!" "I stand on her behalf." Innocent by the blood.

Thank you for that!!