Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hallmark Holiday

I love you all, and I don't need a day to say it. DH and I don't really consider today a holiday. OK OK we call it the Hallmark Holiday! But we don't give each other cards or candy or flowers. With that said...this is your card. Much love!

My sis sent me these links last night. I stayed up too late playing. Translation: they are good and addicting.

This has to be the wierdest game EVER. Scores in the thousands are possible. Grid game.

Guess the google! In this game images come up and you must identify the word used for the search. Suprisingly difficult at times. They do not give you the word if you don't get it. I had bling last night and got it right. Thanks Pastor Brad. lol

5 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Okay, for as much googling as I do, I really suck at that game.

And I'm with you on the Hallmark holiday thing. Totally.

Anonymous said...

FYI ;)

Valentine's Day is NOT a "Hallmark Holiday". It offically became a holiday in 498 AD, long before Hallmark made its debut!

Valentine's Day has a long history, which you can learn more about at this link from the History Channel: www.historychannel.com/exhibits/valentine/

momteacherfriend said...

http://www.therefinersfire.org/valentines.htm

For yet another perspective of the day.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Valentine's is a "Hallmark Holiday" either. Although Hallmark will cash in on it! Grandparnets day, Sweetest day and others like that are "Hallmark Holiday" And if you search hard enough you can find any story to back up your views or opinions. I think it's a day to do something extra speical for the people you love. In this world of rush rush and so much to do it's nice to be reminded to do a act of kindness to the ones we love. To many times we forget the little things.

momteacherfriend said...

Hubby AND I don't really consider today a holiday. ok ok WE call it the Hallmark Holiday!"

Please note the Hubby and I and the we! This is our stance on the day. In no way have I tried to impose this on any of you. When we started out, young and poor, we decided it was more important to be together than to spend money on candy, flowers or gifts. These things have their place. He has given me all of these things. Yet there is no expectation. Neither of our love languages are gifts. Never has been, never will be. We enjoy gifts but are not hurt by the lack of gifts. (NOTE: Some people do have the love language of gifts and are very hurt by others forgeting special days.Many times these are the only times in which they feel loved.) I could find one thousand different days/holidays to celebrate. There has become a day or week for everything! http://www.enchantedlearning.com/activitycalendars/

So choose what it is that is important to you and celebrate! But please don't be offended if I choose not to celebrate with you.