Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Penny

Last night I was looking at a penny. Turning it over in my hand. The words In God We Trust. The year on the coin 1978. It was banged up, dicolored. A dark brown showing signs of it's use. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a "new" coin it's year was 2005. It was shiny and perfect. I began to think about how life has a way of marking us; tainting us in some regards. And I remembered how you can make an old penny new by putting it in a solution of vinegar and salt. When emersed in the solution it comes out clean; like new. It's shine is back! It may still have dings in it; marks of where it has been. I couldn't help thinking when we put our trust in God, when we hand things over to him; he makes us new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
The things you can learn from a penny!

2 comments:

heather j said...

Deep Thoughts by Sarah....very impressive!! You gotta love that scripture:)

Anonymous said...

WOW - All you are, and a philosopher too !! I LOVE your blog site... and thanks again for the beautiful post ... YOU ROCK !!