Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Whoosh

There are times when life feels dry, it drags along. You wonder what am I suppose to be doing? There are other times when it is a raging river. Things are moving so fast, you have to keep your eyes ahead as to not crash into a rock. Puzzle pieces fall into place, answers come, the Holy Spirits activity is undeniable. I am in a Whoosh state right now.
The River is Here by Andy Park (Vineyard Music)
The river of God sets my feet a dancing, the river of God fills my heart with cheer. The river of God fills my mouth with laughter and we rejoice for the river is here.
I had not planned on that song, it just came to me. Yet that is how I feel. I am rejoicing. God's hand in my life right now is busy; steady and firm. I know I need to stay in the "prayer closet" and continue daily to seek His face, His will. Then yield to the Spirit, obeying all that He calls me to do. I know that He calls me to obedience.
Pride says "Lord, I will do that which does not embarress me." When he asks for humilty. I remember hearing once this story. I do not recall where it came from. This is Sarah paraphrase.

A man was coming home from an evening at church. He was praying and praising when the Spirit prompted him. The urging strong, the request odd. He felt the Lord was asking him to go to a specific store. And he was called to do a specific thing. The Lord showed him he was to go to the frozen food aisle and stand on his head. The man laughed. Lord, I am not going to stand on my head in a grocery store. The Spirit's urging got stronger. The Spirit called him out. "You say you will follow me, wherever I lead. That you will do whatever I ask. I tell you go. Will you obey?" The man knew it was of the Lord and could not shake the urgency. So he obeyed. He went to the store, he stood on his head. After completing the task, he looked up to God and thought "OK Lord I obeyed but that was about the craziest thing you ever asked me to do." Then he heard the sound of weeping. He turned around to see a man; sobbing uncontrolablly. He went to the man. And this is what the man said "Tonight I was going to kill myself. Over, done with! I cried out to God saying Lord if you are real...send someone here to stand on their head." The man went on to recommit his life to the Lord.

My God is real! He will reveal himself. He may call me to stand on my head for Him or perhaps something even more ridiculous. If it brings Glory to him, I will go. I pray I am obedient to His call. "Here I am Lord, send me."

2 comments:

Bek said...

hey, great post. i, too, am wanting more humility, willingness to do aNYTHING He asks out of obedience and not worry about the consequences. i heard a similar story about a woman whom God told to do a somersault in front of the church. so during the sermon, she did. (of course trembling, embarrassed, etc.) later someone from the balcony came and thanked her, crying. she was so angry at God and was telling Him that she was leaving Him and never coming back. unless He was real. and if He was real He should "have someone do a somersault in front of church or something" :) these stories really make u do some inner heart evaluating, huh?

Jada's Gigi said...

Hey, just surfed over from Beks site. Isn't it grand to be in the River and have the River in you!