Thursday, May 04, 2006

Aspiring To Be

A week ago a friend said that she was inspired by me and was aspiring to be like me. That was nice of her to say, really it felt good to receive a compliment like that. But really it is not about me and I told her that. I am aspiring to be like Christ. More and more I want to be JUST LIKE HIM. I think that is what we should aspire to be, like Christ. Not your pastor, Beth Moore, Billy Graham or other person here on earth. While I love Beth Moore, it is not about Beth. What I love about her is her heart to be obedient to God and her daily yielding to the Spirit. Where did Beth learn to do those things? I am sure she learned it from Jesus and His Word. There are things that I love about my pastor, but it is not about him either. It is the qualities of God in him that I admire. Sometimes learning from these people helps me to put things in perspective and help me to understand what something looks like; this is good. I do believe we are to learn from one another. But people please don't sell yourselves short. Strive after perfection, not man and our imperfections. Don't spend so much time trying to be like your neighbor that you totally miss it on being like Christ.
So who are you aspiring to be?

1 Corinthians 4:16 (Paul speaking) Therefore I urge you to imitate me.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
2 Corinthians 9:13Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.
Ephesians 4:11-13 11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Well after further review of the Word, maybe it isn't so bad afterall to be like someone godly.
What do you think?

4 comments:

Christy said...

I've been reading your posts and alot more of your comments on my blog as well as others, you have great wisdom and I appreciate the fact that you chase after God the way that you do. God bless you girl!

Wendy said...

Great post, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just too be close to God is everyones aspirations. Yet to be close to a True believer as you are is all consuming, and you give me the grace and power to keep on keeping on.

Thank You for being there, and Here.

Love you Sue B

Kellie said...

Wonderful. Love you.