Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Under His Wings


Psalm 81:10 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."


Hosea 11:4 I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.


Psalm 91: 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.


I mentioned a few days ago that the baby falcons are here. I have loved watching them. It was awesome to watch Victory over the last couple months. How she diligently sat and waited for the time to come. How she kept them warm and waited and waited and waited. Then when the time came near she prepared for their arrival, she brought food. She turned eggs, waited some more. Once hatched she took them under her wing.
Then to watch her feed them. I can imagine all the little chirps. She brings in the meat. Holds in tight in her talons, then bit by bit pulls of a piece to drop into an open mouth. Once fed they go back to the shelter of her wings.

I am reminded that my Heavenly Father feeds me. When I was young it was milk, as I grew it became more meaty. Sometimes when it is praticularly hard to swallow, he breaks it down for me to take piece by piece. When I need protection he covers me with his feathers and under his wings I find refuge. He is daily my protection.

No comments: