Monday, March 12, 2007

I Like It I Like It

Yesterday was beautiful. By that I mean it was 50 and windless. Glorious! Since it was so nice I got my new bike out, fitted it with the computer and took her out on her maiden voyage. Nothing fancy, simply around the neighborhood. It took me a few minutes to get a handle on the gear system, it is complete different then the old. Yet so nice. The seat is comfy, yippee! I felt like it was a smooth, easy ride and am very pleased.
Still to do, is transfer the mount for the tag-along. I am hopeful that DD will be able to use it this year meaning we can take longer trips. If she is not able, my girlfriend is lending me a bike trailer that I can pull her in. Added weight and work but I am sure it could only improve my biking.
I was just so excited to have a nice enough day to get her out. Here is too a wonderful summer of biking.

I came across this picture this week of DS and I on the WOW ride in 2005. He is riding the tag-along and I am on my "old" bike. It was taken at the completion of our 18 mile ride.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great picture! We have one of those tag-a-long things too and we have loved it. We're planning on doing a lot of biking this spring/summer. My husband and I are hoping to do a 3 day bike ride.

You'll have to show a pic. of your new bike.