Thursday, March 08, 2007

Frankly My Dear

I have been a poor manager of my time the last two days.
The reasons are many. I have a lot on my plate. I wanted to finish reading my book. My bloglines had been severely neglected. And I am feeling selfish.
With school done I have been checking out on the kids the last two days. Quiet time in their rooms, more than enough TV time and lots of free play.
Good has come from it. The kids are playing fabulously with each other. I finished my book. I caught up on bloglines. I handled the many situations that have arose this week in regards to the weekend that I am directing.
I feel like I am running downstairs to cope though. The "quick check" of my email turns into an hour reading blogs. On one hand I have amazing peace about everything that has happened this week. And on the other I ask myself, "Are the kids handling this well?" I think so. When I look at the big picture, my kids have so much of my time. With school and meals and our time at the YMCA and the everyday play that I do partake in. My kids are not deprived. Even in the midst of this whirlwind of a week we have had some great moments. I am here except for about 2 hours of the day other than those I am completely and wholeheartedly paying attention to them.
Two more weeks of this distracted mom, dealing with the responsibility of things beyond the home. Then it will be nice to settle back into a more relaxed environment. YEAH!!!
Perhaps it is not helping that Dear Dad is out of town for the week and I just found out his trip will be extended by two days. Thankfully it is only two days and not a week or more.
If you think of me say a little pray. Balance, good steward of my time, wise in decision making, peace in the home and obedience to the Holy Spirit. Oh and hubbies safe return would be good too.

4 comments:

Bek said...

HE calls you lovely, awesome, beautiful!!!!!!!!! i read this post and think what a mother who truly has the well-being of her children at the forefront! and is trusting Him in all things along the way.....

Karen Hossink said...

Praying for you!

Friend said...

And you got to talk to me too....you forgot that! I pray for you often dear. Miss ya!

Grandparents Corner said...

I will say a pray for you and your family. I, too, am working on my stewardship of time.

Many blessings to you!