Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another Family Friendly Event

Come to the nature center to learn how the Michigan
tradition of making maple syrup is carried on.

Fenner Nature Center

Maple Sugar Festival

Date: March 17 & 18 2007
Time: 11:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
Cost: FREE


Description: Take a short walk to the maple grove and check inside the sap buckets hanging on the maple trees. Then wander to the fire to watch the sap boiling in the large evaporating pan. Taste the sweet sap and syrup. Warm up inside the Visitor Center with some hot chocolate and purchase some maple products. Enjoy the nature art on exhibit by local artists including wood carving, painting, photography, and Native American beadwork and handmade flutes.

*The trail to the maple grove is handicap accessible.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I heard that!! My mom told me the other day...so sad. I wonder what was wrong with her, it said natural causes. Well, I hope she knew God. BTW...my email is tracy_sproul@yahoo.com.