Thursday, October 26, 2006

WooHoo!!!

I get to see my husband tonight!!
He has been gone the entire month of October on bussiness. This is not normal. He may travel on occasion but for short trips, this time it was an entire month. Originally it was going to be a couple weeks then he called and let me know it was going to be extended. And I had peace about it. I feel like God has ordained this time to do an amazing work in both of our lives. As individuals and in our marriage. It has been a time of growth, for both of us.
I have a new respect for single moms. I do not know how they do it, day after day. One of the struggles I had was when to ask for help, having someone watch my kids. At times I felt like a burden, having to ask, yet again, if someone could take them. In reality, I could not have done the entire month by myself. There is no way. I am so thankful I have my parents, friends and a teen sitter that are more than willing to help. Very thankful.
Today, I leave for my conference. I am excited. I know God is doing an amazing work! I know it is good. I may just have to do a little dance, I can not contain myself. Praise be to the Lord!

3 comments:

Margo said...

Glad you get to see hubbie tonight! I can't imagine having the kids alone for so long! God's grace is sufficient, huh?! ;-)

Have a blessed time at the conference! I know you've been looking forward to it.

Check out my new friends blog when you get a chance. I think you'll like her. Her name is Tara.

http://waterandclay.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad he's back! I'm about to do the same thing as you!

Jess said...

Hi, I've read been reading your posts some lately and I enjoy it. Thanks for you sharing your stories and faith. My husband is in the Navy and is gone A LOT!! I don't know how single women do it. Besides taking care of their house they have to work outside of the home too. Unreal. I'm glad your husband is back. It makes you appreciate what you have more. I wish only that I had help where we are!!!!