Friday, October 13, 2006

OH YES...It Did!

Yesterday, I awoke to SNOW! This is exceptionally early for snow in Michigan. Like two months early. My mom told me our city made The Weather Channel nationally, with 1 1/2 inch accumulation. That was at 8am. We had snow globe snow all day long. With bursts of sunshine. How bizarre! Interested to see what total accumulation for the day ended up being.
My son was in his glory!

Perfect packing!

Here he is working on a HUGE snowball. It keeps going and going. He stayed out there until it was too dark to see.

He got dressed in his snow suit first thing this morning to continue.

I guess he REALLY likes the snow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! I can't believe it snowed! I'm coming back from Africa in just over a week (yay!) and that will be a huge change from the three-digit temps we have here. I haven't had a chance to talk to my son yet, but I'm guessing he was bummed that he couldn't play outside (no physical activity until two weeks after the pins are removed from his arm - bummer!)

I should be in town for almost two weeks before heading back to Alaska - I'll give you a call...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Beautiful.....

Anonymous said...

Wow! It has been cold here too. This morning it was 27.

Looks like your boy was having a blast.

Anonymous said...

Ah. I remember those days. You need to get Casi a shoulder harness so she can pull his sled.I remember my dog Prince pulling Bud and I all over the place. We absolutely loved it.

Butterfly Mama said...

How fun!!! I sure looks beautiful.

KelseyChristine said...

Snow already?? Winter comes too soon. Your son seems to love it though!

Thanks for the joke--I was crackin up :)
I may take his advice and ditch my cell phone--I'd save $30 a month.

Bek said...

wow that blue picture is amazing!

Tammy said...

That is incredible!
And guess what? My family's off to Hawaii...:)

It's been awhile since I've been to your site because I forgot to bookmark you...bookmarking you now! :)

Enjoy the snowball fights...and think of us as we enjoy the snorkeling...:)

Stephanie said...

I live in Michigan too and my girls and I built a snowman. I wish we would have built him in the front yard with the pumpkins and scarecrows on the front porch, now that would have been a funny sight to see!! Michigan weather is crazy but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else:))