Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Psalms

Last night I ended my post and intended to head for the prayer closet. It took forever to get me there. Kids to be put to bed. Fever in my little girl. Phone calls, both bringing much unexpected encouragement. A few times tears as they spoke with them not even realizing God was working. Some calls made, left unreturned. A few emails. It was all ground work for my time with God. Uncertain where to start, I decided to go to the Word. In the 90 Days through the bible I am in Psalms. Last night was Psalm 1-24. As I read, often time out loud, I had streams of tears. I got it. After I finished the reading, I had a time of prayer. Some specific questions. Then I went to bed. As I lay there I felt answers come. Little girls fever is not for nothing. It has a purpose. We shall see how it all plays out.
This morning I entered in again to the Psalms. Here are some that spoke to me.
Psalm 25:20-21
20 Guard my life and rescue me;
let me not be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you.

Psalm 26:2-3
2 Test me, O LORD, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
3 for your love is ever before me,
and I walk continually in your truth.

Psalm 26:8
8 I love the house where you live, O LORD,
the place where your glory dwells.

Psalm 27:4
4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:8
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.

Psalm 27:11-14
11 Teach me your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.
13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 28:6-8
6 Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.
8 The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad it helped