Sunday, October 15, 2006

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Dear Daughter,

You are incredibly sweet. This last year you have gone from a baby to a little girl. You would tell me you are big, not little. In fact you are so big, you don't wear diapers anymore. And you did it all on your own. You claim independence to the nth degree. You like to pick out your own clothes, get yourself dressed and brush your hair. Sometimes you will ask for help, sometimes.

I am thankful for you. You are teaching me how to be a girl. From you I am learning how to do hair and paint nails. You have more nail polish than I do. You lips are almost always shining with lip gloss. You can color coordinate, matching outfits is no problem; for you. When you wear your hair in pigtails, I could eat you up. You are so sweet and beautiful.

I love your heart. You wake up in the morning with a song of praise on your lips. You go throughout your day singing little songs. It melts my heart when you sing to God. And when you pray for daddy, it gives me a glimpse of who you are becoming. You are not afraid to dance and raise your hands to the heavens. Although you tend to be shy around unfamilar people.

In learning you are joining us at the table. You spell your name. You count to 14. Say your ABC's (you skip k). You want to do everything your brother is doing. As he does his reading lessons you say all the sounds and words along with him. If he is cutting with scissors, you do too. If he is glueing, so are you. If he does it, you pretty much want in on the action. I can tell you are learning everyday. You "write" letters; as you spell things out you make a circle for each letter. While your brother does book work you like to play with the hands on stuff; pattern blocks, bears, blocks and puzzles.

In play you love to be a mommy. You carry your babies with you throughout the house. You tell me all the time when you get big you are going to be a mommy. You also enjoy riding your tricycle. A few weeks ago I discovered you love to run. I can't wait to see how all things will come together as you grow.

Little girl, you are spunky and fun. You are independant and I am learning how to guide you, without discouraging you. Your giggle is contagious. I love you. You are the best daughter in the whole wide world. I am so glad your a part of our family.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is all you wrote and moe. Just gets cuter every day. Actually she is reminding me a lot of her mom. Boy, did those kids love the party.