Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Daniel's Praise

In my Daniel study this morning, it highlighted this verse of praise and thanks.
Daniel 2:20-23
20 and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
21 He changes times and seasons;

he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
22 He reveals deep and hidden things;

he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.
23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:

You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made known to us the dream of the king."

We have been charged to memeorize it, and I shall. It sums up what alot of what I feel right now. He reveals. I am thankful. All things are in His hands. He changes things. He sets things up. He reveals deep and hidden things. WOW! He has given me wisdom. He has made known to me. I am amazed at His goodness and power.
God is good, All the time!

Early this morning I had a dream. It was not a thus saith the Lord, kind of dream. In it I was in a group setting when an evil man came into our presence with the intent to harm. I think my first reaction was shock, a split second of fear and then a reminder that the armies of the Lord are on hand. So I began to pray. That the Lord's army would fight on our behalf. In the room, angels begin to materialize, they did what not one of us ladies could do. They fought on our behalf. As they fought I spoke the words "the blood of Jesus, the blood of Jesus..." repeatedly. Others joined in, until the whole room was speaking it. Not one of us was harmed.

I pray that this actual event does not happen. I do not wish to be tested on this. Yet it felt like a training of sorts. In this circumstance I should call forth the armies of the Lord and pray the blood of Jesus over us all.

Have you ever had a dream that prepared you for a true circumstance?

Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just covered the "States of Conciousness" chapter in my Psychology class. We look at dreams extensively. There are different theories about the purpose of dreams..and I will not put you to sleep with my lecture :)...however, my theory is that our dreams reflect our concerns of daily life...they help process them and sometimes we are actually able to arrive at a solution. It isn't often that I am able to remember my dreams as you have been blessed to do. I also find it difficult to memorize verses....I think you are so blessed to be able to do that...perhaps it is my age I am not sure. Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hello...I think I will open up my Bible and dwell in Daniel this morning.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing dream! Thanks for sharing that scripture passage, too.

Butterfly Mama said...

Beautiful scripture and wow, what a dream!