Wednesday, October 25, 2006

If I Didn't Know Better

I WOULD THINK I WAS PREGNANT!
I'm not. Yet today as I was reading a book to my son, I was a puddle. The story was sweet and the more I read the harder I cried. I actually had to stop reading at times from the tears and quivering voice. My son laughed at me. I asked "Why are you laughing?" His reply "Why are you crying?" Good question.
It does not stop there. On Saturday I went to a craft show with my mom. A craft show people! It was a fund raiser for a local high schools marching band. So at one point some band members got together and played some songs. Yup. I cried. Streams of tears. As I am listening I ask myself, "why am I crying?" I have not a clue.
It is like some nostalgic cry. Memories. Good memories. Brings on a good cry. Please tell me I am ok. Really I am not pregnant. You would think but no.
Oh and just in case you are wondering the book I was reading today...Chicken Soup for Little Souls The Best Night Out With Dad by Lisa McCourt.

4 comments:

T said...

I will have to check out this book. I noticed you homeschool. I am homeschooling one of my 3 children as well. We just started this year. Another new experiance for me.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I cry ALL the time about marching band memories - in the good way. Love to reminisce. Also, I cry over news stories, weddings, books, puppies, movies, cartoons...And speaking of not being pregnant - that is definitely the case for me as well! :) You're not crazy, God is just answering your prayers of femininity. :)

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you are not? lol just kidding

Christine said...

So cute! For me, once I became a mom, the puddles kept coming. Before that I would love at my mom like she was nuts for crying at the drop of a hat.