Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Cascade Review

The Fed-Ex man showed up on my porch yesterday. I love packages. I had ordered some computer CD's recently so I expected to find that inside the package. No, not even close. Rather than CD's there was a complete bag of Cascade 2in1 ActionPacs! Cool. I read through the info that accompanied it and tucked the 20 count bag under the kitchen sink. I did not yet have a full load of dishes. I decided I was really going to put this product to the test. After lunch, I did not rinse the plates. I put them in the dishwasher with globs of ketchup. I thought to myself, that will be a nice dried mess by the time I do wash them. For dinner I made chili. Bright red chili. First I had to brown the meat which produced a gross greasy pan; again I did not rinse. In went the chili pot, I resisted the urge to do a quick rinse. Time for the test. The dishes looked gross and I had my doubts. Should I take the chili pan out and rinse it? NO, it would not be a true test of these Cascade ActionPacs. So I take one self contained pac out of the bag and put it in the normal spot that I usually have to squirt and over squirt the detergent into. Nothing more required, I start the dishwasher and wait.
Fastforward to this morning. I went to unload the dishes and WOW! Needless to say I was amazed. All of them were perfectly clean. No residual red from the chili. No stuck on ketchup. No grease. If fact I have never been able to get my spatula as clean as it was this morning. Thank you Cascade ActionPacs! You have made a believer out of me. I will be using you from here on out. In fact I am a bit sad that I still have a relatively full bottle of the "other stuff," that I will need to use up before getting more of you.

There you have it folks. Cascade ActionPacs are amazing. Even my five year old agrees.
If you are interested in getting your own sample of this marvelous product, leave a comment including your email address and Samara (the nice lady that sent me the product) will send some to you as well. You will not be disappointed.

5 comments:

Margo said...

Very cool!!

I'm going to have to try this stuff! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer but we don't have a dishwasher :) (intentionally, believe it or not) There are only three of us so dishes don't pile up as much as with a larger family and both my husband and I find washing dishes a way to relax and catch our breath - weird I know!!!

Anonymous said...

Right now I use Electrosol 3 in 1 tabs and really like them. They do a great job...but I would love to try Cascade, too.

Thank you for sharing and please ask Samara to send me a sample!

dkafeeney@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

okay i'll take ur kids and u can clean ur house and u take my kid and make my husband help me clean our apartment. DEAL !!! hehhe

Jada's Gigi said...

So funny!I throughly believe in letting the dishwasher do the work...I will run it twice before I'll pre-rinse